I started with a house on one acre, most of the property was lawn (turf) the rest was mostly honey suckle. I had a couple of large trees, nothing very special except for “her majesty” an old, large, Norway Spruce, a good size Catalpa tree and a pretty, Saucer Magnolia. I also, had lots of water problems including a disintegrating sewer lateral pipe running the length of the property. I hired a guy with a bulldozer to dig up the old pipe and replace it… once I saw what could be done with heavy equipment, there was no stopping me.
I removed ALL the honey suckle, or should I say, I had it removed. My friend Dale, hooked a chain to it and pulled it out with a skid loader. We used that same skid loader to dig two huge ditches to put in french drains that ran entire length of the property.
This blog is to show some of the work that was done and the final push to get the garden completed, before the public tour … I ONLY HAVE NINE WEEKS
We have lots of work yet to do and almost all the planting, all, weather permitting of course … cross your fingers that we get it done in time.